Monday, February 08, 2010

Well hello there!

What a busy week it's been!  Sorry I haven't been around much!

We've been busy getting ready for our trip on the 20th!  We're headed to the Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata).  It's a family trip that includes, Chris, Hannah and I.  Chris's parents, My sister, BIL, and niece, as well as Chris's aunt and uncle.  It should be a blast and we're all really looking forward to it!  We're spending the week at a resort called Gran Ventana, it looks really nice and of course it's all inclusive!  I promise I will continue to watch what I eat and take it easy on all the sugary frozen drinks! (those are killer) :)

What else have I been up to?

I helped host a baby shower yesterday for Chris's younger cousin - she just had a beautiful little girl, Haley.  So cute!  The shower was very nice.  We had a great time and it was held in such a beautiful place - her grandmothers barn.  Sounds weird but it was amazing, this isn't your typical barn.  It's filled with antiques and collectibles, it's heated (so are the floors) and it's just gorgeous!  I took a ton of pictures so maybe I'll post a few on here.

Speaking of pictures ---- I still haven't gotten Chris to get a picture of me to post on here.  I really need to make a note somewhere to make sure we do that.  I promise I'll try to remember tonight! :)  My weekly picture will soon thrive and I'll have pictures in there weekly I promise!!!

I've been doing well with my eating habits and attending the gym.  I'm really starting to enjoy "running" and actually crave it on my days off.  I never thought that would happen to me! I  really hope that I can keep it up and one day run a race.  That would be really cool but I've got a long way to go before I do that so I'm just taking it one day at a time and one foot in front of the other.  I don't want to set myself up for failure with big huge goals so I'm just starting out itty bitty! :)

I've found some great blogs along the way and I've posted some of them in the "Blogs I follow" section.  If you've got time take a look around them they have some great content!  Be sure to leave a comment and let others know you're there.  Comments are a great way to feel connected with others that are dealing with the same stuff as you, interested in your story, whatever it may be us bloggers love comments.  So if you're poking around here - and I encourge you to do so put a comment saying Hi.  I'd love to hear from you!  and of course if you've got a blog leave a link and I'll leave you some comment love! :)

1 comment:

  1. I"m getting excited for all of you and a little envious now too. Oh well you will have to take lots of pictures and tell us all about it when you get home.

    Sounds like you are doing really well with the gym and your eating. I'm trying to but somedays just seem to not eat enough or eating the wrong things.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete