Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Too bad it wasn't this easy

This was e-mailed to me this morning from one of the many Women's Health newsletters I get in my inbox each day (sometimes they are a little excessive!).

Lazy-Day Calorie Goal
(use on days when you're taking it easy/not exercising):
A. Your weight, in pounds: ____
B. A x 15 = _____
C. B - 500 = _____

Busy-Day Calorie Goal
(use on days when you're active/exercising):
A. Your weight, in pounds: ____
B. A x 18 = ____
C. B - 500 = ____

At first I was really excited.  This seems totally easy!  I put in my wight 229lbs multiple that by 18 (for the busy-day calorie goal) =  4122 - 500 = 3622.   WHAT!!!!!

I should be eating 3600 calories a day!!!! Wait a minute this seems crazy to me! 3600 calories!?!?!

As I've mentioned before I enter all my nutrition/food into the SparkPeoples nutrition tracker and I find it hard each day to meet that goal! and it's only 1500 -1900 calories a day!

Click this to see the actual calories I ate last wednesday


So here's the problem!  If I'm suppose to be eating double the calories I actually do, then why the hell don't I loose any weight?!?!?  This doesn't make sense to me and I am beginning to hate these "simple" ways to loose weight that get sent to my inbox each morning.  If it was really that easy, I'd be a toothpick and wouldn't have anything to write about each day.

Help me out?!  Does eating double the calories really somehow make it easier to loose weight???

This is the article if you'd like to read it! 



1 comment:

  1. I worked with a personal trainer for a while and he told me that I needed to be eating about 2900 calories a day ( I weigh a little less than you) and it was so hard to do plus I had a really didn't see any results. He wanted me to 6 meals a day, and by meals I mean huge meals it was so hard to keep up with and when I ate it I was SO full. So I know that there is truth to eating more because you can't let your body think that you are starving it.

    ReplyDelete