Monday, August 09, 2010

"Baby Boys" room is complete!

Well this weekend we did it!  We finished the nursary, well the walls and furniture are done we still have small details and bedding to finish up but we've got plenty of time for that!  I'm really happy with the way things turned out, I think it's masculine but boyish and should last him for quite a few years before a change is needed. 

I choose to do wallpaper on the bottom half of the room because it just seemed so easy compared to painting all the stripes on it.  I love how it turned out!  I think it looks wonderful and to be honest wallpapering isn't that hard to do!  Wait! I should rephrase that, my mom said it wasn't that hard to do! LOL!  Lucky for me, I've had the help of my mom over the past week to paint and wallpaper.


The furniture came from a local store in the area and we got a great deal on it.  Hubby got to pick it out this time, I guess he really does know what is more masculine and boyish.  I'm really happy with how it turned out, I think the whole bedroom has a bit of a modern twist on it!  Oh yeah, and the valance and curtians are going too!  They are leftovers from Hannah's old room that didn't make it down before the photo was taken.
Just another shot of the bedroom.

This is the glider (I got free when I was pregnant with Hannah), I'm just leaving it that colour because I don't have the time or patients to reupholster it again!  I don't care that it doesn't match exactly and I don't imagine baby boy will either!
Again the changing mat cover is from Hannahs bedding set and will be changed to match whatever we get for baby boy!


1 comment:

  1. YOu did such a great job picking out the paint and paper. It was fun helping out with the room. The furniture looks so perfect in his room. Can't wait to see how you finish it off with the crib accessories!

    ReplyDelete