Monday, July 12, 2010

What to do? What to do?

This is a post about a stroller! Yeah real exciting eh? But I need help!!!  As you know we're expecting a second baby in November.  We've started to shop around for baby "things".  One of those things is a stroller...this is the problem, I'm not sure we really need a stroller.  Okay, lets go back a few steps here.

Hannah is 2 years 2 months old, when the baby is born she will be 2.5 years old.  She loves to walk, run, skip, etc. but she doesn't mind being in her stroller if we are out shopping, etc.

Baby boy, well he doesn't really have a lot to do with this, it's mostly about Hannah right now.

At first I thought for sure we would need a double stroller.  I started looking and found this.....



You may be thinking - "Wait!  That's not a double stroller?"  But wait, let me show you this...


16 different combinations

I really like this stroller but the price tag is HUGE!  For the pieces we'd want (you have to buy them seperately) it's almost $1000.  That's a big price to pay when I'm not even sure Hannah will want to sit in a stoller for much longer.......

So this is my thinking - if I decide I need a new shirt after the baby is born, (and I can almost gaurentee that's going to happen)  I will need to go shopping!  I will not be able to wear new baby boy and push Hannah in the stroller because I will need to try clothes on.  If I did wear him, I'd be taking him off and putting him ? somewhere ? so I could try the shirt on, this would be awkward and probably not the best idea.  If I put baby boy in the stroller and let Hannah run walk, well Hannah would be running all over the place and I'd be chasing her like a crazy women with a small newborn probably screaming in the carseat and everyone around me would be wondering why this women ever thought she could shop for herself with a newborn and a toddler (this just sounds exhausting).  I could make sure my mom or sister is always with me when I need to go shopping, then they could wear baby boy and I could push Hannah in the old stroller and we'd be on our mary way but what if they aren't available?  So that's my problem?  I'm a baby wearing, stoller pushing mom that isn't sure if spending $1000 on a new stroller is worth it.  Help me out would you?

Oh yeah and if we decided to have more children the next one won't be coming until this one is at least 3-4 years old and then of course we wouldn't need a double stroller.  Hannah would be like 5 or 6!!!  She'll almost be ready to move out and certianly won't want to be pushed around in a stroller!


1 comment:

  1. Wow what a stroller that is! It really can do all that? Hmmm! Good luck in your decision making. You will know best what it is you need and make the right desicion. Love you!

    ReplyDelete