Thursday, April 24, 2014

Fit Bit, Nike+ fuelband Polar FT4?

I know there is a lot of information already online regarding this exact thing, but I'm working through this one my own right now and trying to decide what I'd like to invest in.  So I'm putting it out there to the world, because I think I've made my decision based on my own research.

Fit Bit - $99.95 - different styles - flex, zip, one. It tracks steps, distance, and calories burned.  It also tracks your sleep quality and wakes you in the morning.  Multiple colours to choose from.  Wirelessly sync.  Free iPhone & Android app and online tools.  Food database is lacking, sleep tracking is inconsistent.

Nike+ fuelband - $149 - measures movement, measures your everyday activity and turns it into NikeFuel.  Tracks calories burned, steps taken and more.  Syncs wirelessly, social because of the fuel points.  You set goals to reach.  Has a USB plug
Not as accurate as other monitors.

Polar FT4 - $139 - heart rate monitor , calculates your target heart rate zone and shows when you're improving fitness based on your heart rate, shows calories burned.  It is said to be very accurate.  Keeps data for you,  chest strap

So I've read/watched a lot of reviews on the web, I'll leave a few of the ones that I thought were helpful below but I think I've narrowed it down to the Fit Bit and the Polar FT4.  I've read many people use them both because it's fun to keep yourself working toward the goal of walking "x-number" of steps per day (as you can do with the Fit Bit) but it's also really great to keep track of your exact calorie count with each workout session you do, which you can do very accurately with the Polar FT4.  So I think I'm going to get both (eventually).

I'm going to start with the FitBit (I'm ordering it as we speak) and I will write up a review for you as soon as I get it!  I'm looking forward to it.  My hubby is also getting one so I think it'll be fun to see an improvement together.

Some links to where I read up on the different products:
eating whole Fit Bit Flex vs Polar FT4
Polar FT4 Watch Heart Rate Monitor Review
Nike+ Fuel Band review
The Nears FitBit Flex and FitBit Aria
Polar FT4 amazon reviews
FitBit Flex amazon reviews
Nike+ FuelBand amazon reviews couldn't find much on amazon in terms of reviews for the FuelBand
engadget Nike FuelBand SE review

1 comment:

  1. Did you get your Fitbit Flex? What do you think of it? I'm thinking of ordering one myself.

    ReplyDelete