Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm not even kidding this time!

This is it, I'm going to try again and this time I'm not going to fail.  I'm going to beat this weight and I'm going to be happy with me and who I am as a person.

Lately I've had a VERY sore back, so sore that I actually had to crawl into the house on all fours after being out in the garage working on a project out there.  I just couldn't stand and I certainly couldn't walk and I thought about it for a long time.  How much of this pain is because I'm "overweight".  If I lost even just a little weight would I have less back pain?  Probably not a lot because even when I was younger and thinner I had a horrible back.  Genes (thanks Mom!) and being hit by a vehicle when I was younger have just given me bad luck when it comes to aches and pains in my back.

But I really thought about it and thought, does it make sense for me to just sit back and deal with the pain or try and do something about it.

So here I go again, yet another attempt to get healthy!

This time I'm serious.  My BIG goal is to loose 90lbs, but I know that having such a big goal for me isn't going to work.  I need to start smaller and have smaller goals that I know are attainable.  I am also going to reward myself with fun things after each goal is reached.  If I don't reach the goal, I don't get the reward, simple as that.

So my goals and my rewards.


First 10lbs - A new pair of running shoes (I hope to loose 10lbs (ish) a month, that's about 2 lbs a week, but the timing isn't really my goal, it's just about losing it.)

Probably something like these:
10lbs -  A new bike helmet and bike bag

10lbs - A new yoga outfit

10lbs - something form Henri Bendel for me!

10lbs -

10lbs

10lbs

10lbs

10lbs - A jo malone purfume - Blackberry & Bay maybe?



10lbs - A cruise vacation for the family.  All of us!  I know this sounds like a crazy reward but I really feel that after working so hard on something for so long and committing to something so big that I'll totally deserve it!



Want to help me think of some new goals?  I'm going to update as I think of some new things but right now this is a start.  I know I'm working toward some new running shoes (and I really need them)!  It's starting today!

I'm looking forward to this journey and I really hope that anyone that might actually read this place can help encourage, and give me the motivation I'll need to keep going!  It'll be a long journey but I'm excited for the end destination (and I don't just mean the cruise at the end, although that definitely helps!)

In case you want to join me I've joined MyFitnessPal with the username kshiell.  If you'd like to join me in my journey other than just here on my blog feel free to pop over there and friend me or whatever you do over there.  I'd be happy to help you too if you're on a journey to a healthy you!



2 comments:

  1. Sorry for the bad genes. I know that you are able to acheive your goals no matter the time span...you can do it! And, yes, having a sore back is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is for you Kandice!

    I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

    ReplyDelete